|As you may know, our Visitor Center is located in the old oil house that fueled the machinery in the Ford Assembly Plant. You can still see big round outlines on the floor where the oil tanks sat!
Out of the three wartime tank depots in the United States, the Ford Assembly Plant is the last surviving one. It is now home to several local businesses.
You can make a day out of those business open to the public!
- First, make your way via ferry from San Francisco, by bike via the Bay Trail, or via car to find ample parking all around the Ford Assembly Plant - a designated park site - located at 1414 Harbour Way South in Richmond.
- Come by the Rosie the Riveter / WWII Home Front National Historical Park Visitor Center for free any day of the week from 10am to 5pm! When you shop our gift shop - even a sticker for $1 - you receive special access to the Columbia Employee Store!
- At the Columbia Employee store, you get access to all these amazing brands at the awesome employee discount rates every day from 10am to 8pm!
Columbia Sportswear | Mountain Hardwear | SOREL | prAna
- Stop for a break at Assemble Marketplace and enjoy yummy sandwiches, bakery goods, coffee or a cocktail! Check their hours in advance to see when special vendors like Rocky Island Oyster Co or Tommy's BBQ are available.
- Last, but certainly not least, secure tickets to The Infinite - the virtual reality experience currently occupying the Craneway! This is the only immersive expedition to take you on an awe-inspiring interactive journey to Space.
We hope you enjoy your outing! If you post to social media - don't forget to tag us @rosie_the_Riveter_Trust